Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Bottoms

I finished the bottom front last night.  I am in love!  

 Getting the elastic into the casings was not as difficult as I expected, even though I bought the wrong size elastic and it was a little tight.  I ended up not using as much elastic as the pattern called for, too, which was interesting.  

The back bottom, with center seams sewn together and lining sewn in.  Is it just me, or do they look REAL big?

Here are the completed front and back bottom pieces.  The back bottoms have some soft pleats on each side near the leg openings.  Each bottom piece has a band sewn to the right and left sides.  I will be sewing eyelets into these bands and will then lace some string through.  

Last, but not least, I sewed the crotch seam.  The instructions said to sew the linings together and then fold over and stitch the front mc to the back.  I could not see how that would work, though, as there is bias seam binding sewn onto the back leg openings.  So I just pressed the seam allowance under for the lining and mc of the bottom front, slid the bottom back right inside, and top stitched the suckers together.  I think it looks fine. :)

Now I am off to stitch eyelets!


1 comment:

Lizzy said...

it looks you are doing a great job!