Friday, April 13, 2012

Bathing Suit Update and Baby Birds!

It's coming along!  I have one side band finished (9 eyelets), so three more to go.  I had to go back to work this week, so I haven't had as much time to work on it. :(  Alas!



I just love the back of this swim suit!

<><><>

In other news, the baby birds hatched!!!




How can something be so darn cute and yet so ugly? ;)
I dunno...I think the cuteness wins out.

One of the babies had fallen (in its egg, no less) from the nest.  I walked out on the front porch and saw it lying there and thought that it was dead.  When I poked at it, though, it moved!  So I got a paper cup (my veterinarian father always told me not to touch baby animals with my bare hands--sometimes the mother will abandon them if she smells human) and scooped the little fella up and plopped him back in his nest.  I was worried that I might have disrupted things with the mother bird, but she has been caring for her babies just fine since then, so I guess everything is ok!

Tomorrow my sisters are coming up and we are going to do a vintage clothing photo shoot!  I am so excited.  I have a closet full of vintage clothes that need to be listed on Etsy, and we are going to have such fun photographing them. :D  

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Bessie


1 comment:

A.J.A. said...

The bathing suit looks great! I am impressed with your eyelet motivation! It's neat how you've gotten to watch those little nestlings.