Saturday, May 2, 2009

Look what I found!!!

I followed a trail of yard sale signs today on a whim and here is what I ended up with:

                                                                 (sorry, fuzzy picture)

It's an antique Singer sewing machine that dates back to the early 1920's (between '21 and '23).  The greatest thing about it is that it still works perfectly!  The power cords are in great shape (this is an  early electric machine).  Even the little light turns on.  It came with the original case and everything.  Needless to say, I am quite excited about my find and can't wait to give it a spin tomorrow!  

I was looking around on ebay for pictures of other old Singer machines and found a store that sells reproduction manuals for these machines for $6.95.  *Put that on the list of things to buy...*

Thank you Lord for the glorious rain today!  I truly did not think I could survive another day of humid, pollen-infested air.  My poor face was itching and watering and running in all sorts of inconvenient places.  Now the rain has paid us a visit and washed away the crummy pollen for a few days relief.  Hallelujah!

Well, 'tis late and I must to bed.  
~Bessie


No comments: