Saturday, May 16, 2009

Buttons, buttons, who's got the buttons?

I do!!!

So I swung by a few rummage/yard sales today and just look what I found:
TWO jars FULL of old buttons and belt buckles!!!!!!  



Be still, my beating heart.



About 4 yards of absolutely STUNNING vintage hunter-green satin...for $5.00!  (can you see a fantastic 50's style wiggle dress with a side gathered skirt, vee back and a big bow on the hip???)



AND a copy of one of my favorite books by Oswald Chambers to give to a friend. :D



Right now Sylvie, Esme, Eli, John (my younger siblings) & I are sorting all of the buttons by color.  Fun fun!  Eli (5) is very serious about sorting out the colors exactly right, while John (3) just wants to dump them all together and mix them up when we're not looking.  Little boys crack me up.   (For some reason this picture keeps loading sideways.  Oh well, you get the picture.)

So all in all, this was a very  fun day.  :D  I hope yours was as well!
 
~Bess

No comments: