Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hana--One Day Old.


And snuggled up in her cozy little house. :)

Here is a video of her from today.  I apologize in advance--don't know what's wrong with the vid, but it is a bit choppy for some reason. 

Hana is only nursing out of one side of Buttercream's udder, and will not hear of trying the other side no matter how much I try to bribe her.  I finally had to just milk out the other side myself, to relieve pressure for poor Buttercream.  It. Was. So. Cool.  I have always wanted to try milking, and it was so easy!  Just squirted right out!

I actually purchased all of my milking equipment several weeks ago.  I won't begin milking Buttercream until Hana is two weeks old.  After that I will milk her once a day, and let Hana nurse for the rest of the day.  

Hooray for farm life!  I love it so much.

Bessie

1 comment:

andreak said...

She is adorable! I love that wagging tail and her little hop.