Saturday, June 25, 2011
My Honeymoon Dress
I never posted about this dress. I really meant to, but time got away from me and before I knew it it was the end of June and I the honeymoon dress was not in the front of my mind. Better now than never, right?
My honeymoon dress was made from the same pattern as this one, except I made a few changes to the design. The most significant alteration in the pattern was made due to lack of time, and ended up really making the dress look fantastic. I was down to the wire, and did not think I would have time to work buttonholes down the front of the dress before the wedding. As the dress is made of a nice, mold-able rayon blend, I was able to sew a couple ties and change the front to a wrap front instead of a button-up. Didn't that work out nicely? I love it!
The only other changes I made were in the length--I decided to go a little bit longer than I usually do, as it was still wintertime--and in the omission of pockets. I really do love pockets, but didn't feel that the patch-pockets would fit the style of this particular dress/fabric well.
I wore the dress over a lacy vintage black slip that used to belong to my grandmother. :) It was wonderful.
I wish I had more pictures of it from different angles, but alas! People were too busy blowing bubbles at us to take many photos!
Davis and I are about to embark on a summer journey out west. Posting may be a little scarce, but I'll try to update with pictures as I can. Until we return, have a fantastic July!