Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Patterns on Etsy: The Infamous 1970's


So I went to organize my storage unit yesterday (yes, I have a storage unit full of wonderful vintage household goods) and found a huge box full of patterns that I had forgotten about.  Most of them date back to the late 60's-early 70's.  I think perhaps I was going on an anti-70's fling around the time when I stored them away--I just didn't want to deal with them at the time.

Anywho, last night I sat down and went through the box, and found some really adorable patterns--most of which for fall/winter attire!  I was so pleasantly surprised, that I even felt a bit of warmth toward the hideous less-adorable 70's patterns.  I mean, they are very original.

All of that to say, I will be listing many of these fun finds in my Etsy shop over the next few weeks!  There are a few summer pieces, and many, many great fall/winter tops, skirts, jackets, dresses, and yes, even an occasional jumpsuit ("for stretch knits only")!  Here is a sampling:




Hope to see you at the shop!
~Bessie

No comments: