Sunday, June 28, 2009

Painting Epiphanies

So one of my goals for the year 2009 was to finish at least 3 of my paintings. I will be honest with you, until a couple of weeks ago, I had not worked on a single one.

Over the past couple of weeks I have worked a little on my paintings, and I have officially declared two of them finished. I do not think I will count these two towards my goal, as I simply looked at them and decided they did not need any more work. It is so satisfying, though, to be able to say "It is good." ;)

Tonight I worked on a painting that I am particularly excited about. A rather whimsical painting, and not something I would typically be inspired to paint, but I LOVE it!!! It is my interperetation of a silly dream a friend of mine had. One of those completely non-sensical dreams that you laugh at when you wake up. As soon as he told me about it, I thought I have to paint that. Well, I am pleased to say that it is almost completely finished. I think one more session will do it. Hooray! I will post pictures of it as soon as I can. Until then, enjoy one of my paintings from a couple years ago entitled "Jonquils".

Image copyright 2005 Elizabeth Barger

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a dream you should paint. I can't remember where, but I met Brad Pitt. We struck up a conversation and became friends. We started hanging out a lot, and having a lot of fun. He was married to Julia Roberts in the dream. My favorite dream thus far after 22 years.

-Davis.

Bessie M. said...

Great! I'll get started on it. By the way, the dream I am painting is actually one of yours...you're gonna love it!