Friday, June 29, 2012

Wedding. :)

I always meant to share a bunch of photos and details from our very home-spun wedding last year, but just never got to it.  There are more that I would like to show you, but for now here are a few of my favorites that I actually have on my computer. :)

My father and I.  He just doesn't look like himself without that hat!  

Details:

I bought my dress at an antique store about a year prior to getting married.  Actually, I wasn't even dating anyone at the time.  I absolutely fell in love with the dress, and it just happened to fit me perfectly, and the best part is that it was only $40!  Can't beat that, right? :D

The jacket was made of a lovely copper colored velvet and lined with taupe satin.  The pattern is from the mid-40's.  I love how it turned out.  I made it in preparation for a chilly day, but it ended up being in the 60's all afternoon.  I had to wear it anyway, though. ;)

I made my veil, and love everything about it except that it pulled my hair back too tight so my hair looks a little goofy.  Oh well!

My sister Sarah made my wedding bouquet.  She is amazing. 

I think this was at "I now pronounce you man and wife!"

The wedding party.  Bridesmaids are all sisters except the two on the far left--although they are practically sisters too. ;)

Details:

We wanted to keep the wardrobe simple and relatively inexpensive for our wedding party.  We also thought it would be great if they could actually wear their attire again. ;)  So we opted for black pants/pencil skirts, matching sweaters over white blouses, and matching homemade flannel scarves.  For the girls I thought muffs would keep their hands warm and look super cute.  I made simple flower clips for the ladies' hair.  I love the way the whole party looks together. 


The whole wedding party--flower girls and ring bearers included!  Oh, and Josh (in the red). :)  The flower girls' jackets were made by my mother in a lighter copper velour from another vintage pattern.  

My parents.  I love this picture.

We were married at the Little Chapel By The Creek.  It was charming.

After the ceremony I let my hair down.  I kinda wish I hand't, but again, oh well!  These pictures were really fun to take. :D  I love Davis' pose in this one. 

Dancing. :)


Our cake.  My sisters collaborated on this one.  Skylar baked the cake (vanilla with lemon filling--yum!) and Sarah, who used to work at a cake shop, decorated it.  Didn't they do a great job?

This is when I bit Davis' finger.  I didn't know that I was biting it, but you can tell by his face that he is in pain.  Poor guy!


Such precious memories!

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend and a blessed 4th of July!

Bessie

1 comment:

Clare said...

I just loved looking through these photos. It looks like such a cozy, family-ish wedding, and your dress is AMAZING. I have to smile at the last photo, too... what a great story to take with you!

God bless@