Monday, January 30, 2012

Something Lovely

Davis and I found this wedding dress at an antique store during our holiday travels.  I had to buy it.  

The tag said, "1940's or earlier".  Ha!  This baby has 1950's written all over it!!


Still in wonderful condition, and came with a crown-style veil (which I do not have a good picture of at the moment).  It is absolutely gorgeous! 


(with flash, so you can see the sweetheart bust under the lace!)

(without flash, so you can see the awesome front pleating detail!)


Oh, and I also found a darling feed sack: 


I have been collecting quite a few fabulous vintage dresses lately, and soon I will be putting them up in my Etsy shop (which is now called Bess Miller Vintage, btw).  One of my goals this year is to actually DO SOMETHING with my shop.  I'm going to be working on that!

Still no goat babies!  Come on girls, go into labor already!!!

Bessie

1 comment:

sorbetsurprise said...

That dress is fantastic! I love it!