Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Really bad day = New Percolator

So a couple weeks ago I had a really bad day.  It was comprised of several elements of frustration:

a) Goat escaped from pen
b) Can't catch goat
c) Chase goat for 1.5 hours with no success
d) Let other goat out in hopes that goat A would follow goat B (who is more obedient) back into pen.  
e) Both goats out.  Refuse food bribes into pen.
f) Husband out of town
g) Finally get goat A back in pen, dog escapes
h) Chase dog for close to three miles.  Give up when dog jumps into a deep creek and swims into the cow farm close by (yes, he swam away)
i) Give up, go home, cry, pull myself together, do some dishes
j) While doing dishes, accidentally break my beloved coffee percolator from the 1960's
k) Lay on sofa and sob

Thankfully, my dear husband arrived home about 20 minutes after I broke my percolator.  He hugged me and let me cry a little longer, then we both hopped in the car and went after the dog.  Eventually we found him, and brought him back home.  Thank goodness.

But alas!  My percolator was completely out of commission.  I had bumped it with the scrub brush and made a huge crack in the side/bottom.  Sigh.  So I pulled up Etsy and found myself a new one...




This has to be about the coolest percolator ever.  I love it.  Loooovvveee it.  

So something good did come out of it all.  A nice to percolator...and a nice big serving of humble pie. ;)

Have a great day!
Bessie

3 comments:

andreak said...

Some days humble pie is more tasty than others! I am sure it will taste better with the coffee from your new percolator. God is good all the time!

Bessie M. said...

Amen and hallelujah!

A.J.A. said...

I have those problems a lot, but I am always chasing chickens!