Thursday, September 23, 2010

One of the best antique store finds EVER

I went antiquing over the weekend and came home with the most wonderful treasure--an old family photo album.  The album has no name in it, and dates back to the early 20th century (teens-twenties).  I have always loved old photos, but the thing that struck me most about this collection is how real the people seemed.  You know how people in old photographs are usually stiff and stodgy-looking, and often seem to be a bit angry at you? Not this family.  They are smiling, and goofing around and laughing at each other and playing with babies and doing things that normal people do.  I think that the family must have been wealthy, to have so many pictures taken of everyday life.  Either that, or a family member was a photographer. Hm.

For those of you who delight in stepping into the past, I am going to share some of my favorite album pages with you here on the blog.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! :D





Look--an airplane!


Isn't this woman beautiful?  I love the pictures of her with her baby.


Here are some independent pictures that I thought were really cool:

Two sisters playing music together--reminds me of my family. :)



I love this one.  They are being goofy and posing and the woman is laughing.



This fellow sent some young lady a postcard with a picture of him in his football uniform.  He looks pretty dashing, does he not? 


That's all for now, folks! 

~Bessie

No comments: