Monday, June 7, 2010

A Wonderful Week


Photo by my lovely sister, Skylar.

What a wonderful week I just had. Mom and Dad went away for their 26th wedding anniversary, and I stayed home all week to nanny for them. All week. At home. Sewing and cooking and playing with kids and cleaning house. You may think I'm crazy, but I was in heaven.

One thing I was able to do this week is begin/work on some sewing projects, namely these cute corduroy overalls for Cael.


I was going to use the included bunny transfers, but decided that they looked a little too...er...evil. Don't you agree? Might give the poor kid nightmares.

"Mwa-ha-ha!"

Other projects I have been working on include this hand-sewn blouse made with green cotton lawn and vintage lace:

And another of my favorite butcher aprons, this one specifically for use in goat care/grooming (hence the goat appliqué on the bib front):

I am not ready to go back to work yet. :p Which is good, I suppose, because I will not be going back to work for another week. I'm leaving heading north tomorrow with my friends, the Bread Beckers, to work a curriculum fair in VA. Fun! Thus I must off and pack, etc., while I can.

Have a fantastic day!
~Bess


1 comment:

Marybeth said...

I agree about the evil bunny! Sounds like you had a wonderful week!