Friday, February 22, 2013

Baby Wrap



So I got this really cute baby sling for free from Seven Slings back before I had Evvie.  It is really a great little sling, but Evelyn does not like to be in it for more than 10-15 minutes, so it just wasn't working for us.  I've always wanted one of those comfy looking jersey baby wraps, and I figured it would be reeeeaaaallly easy to make one, so I began researching.  I came upon this fantastic tutorial.  After purchasing 5 yards of a cute cotton/poly blend rib knit from fabric.com and basically just cutting the piece in half, I have this awesome wrap!





Evvie LOVES it!  The first time I put her in it she fell asleep within 5 minutes.  I think she just likes to snuggle close with her momma.  I don't mind it much either. ;)

Here is a YouTube video on how to tie it, in case you were wondering!




I've been sorting through patterns like crazy today!  I just bought some new storage boxes for them, which I am really excited about.  They will be a whole lot easier to get to now.  I am hoping to get some of these up in the shop tonight!



Have a lovely evening!

Bessie


2 comments:

A.J.A. said...

I had some trouble with a pouch style sling I sewed when Arabel was small, but I got the hang of it when she got bigger, and it was super handy for errands because it is so easy to pop the kid in and out of. Also, I could discreetly nurse her anywhere, and people thought she was sleeping. The stretchy ones are easier to use, though, and can definitely be more comfy. Evvie sure looks happy in yours!

PNW lady said...

I love that wrap, Bess! We had one for Bailey and she lived in it! I would put it on before we went to the store & it was pretty easy to get her in it after I got used to it. :) There are lots of different ways to carry them in those, I don't know if you looked at the Moby website but it's pretty helpful. ;) Did you hem the edges at all or just leave it like it was? You are such a gorgeous Momma and you look so great! Can't believe you just had a kid! ;( This is Brittany in Texas btw.