Monday, August 20, 2012

Yum. Had to share!

Tonight I improvised a tasty batch of chili.  It was so yummy, in fact, that I want to share the recipe with you!  I made this in my pressure cooker, so I am not sure about the cooking time in a regular pot.  I would guesstimate about 30 minutes or so.

We shall call it the Yummy Bean Chili. :)

Ingredients:
-1 onion, chopped
-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
-2 carrots, chopped
-2 stalks of celery, chopped
-3 tomatoes, chopped (or diced, however you like them!)
-3 cans of beans, rinsed (I used one can of navy, one pinto and one dark red kidney)
-1 can tomato sauce
-3 T chili powder
-1 T cumin
-1/2 t cayenne pepper
-1/2 t salt
-dash of nutmeg
-1 C water

Directions:
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.  Add carrots and celery; sauté for a few more minutes.  Add chopped tomato.  Add beans and remaining ingredients.  Cover, bring to pressure and cook 10 minutes. 

We had this chili tonight with this delicious cornbread recipe.  It was delish. :D

~Bessie


No comments: