Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Today's Inspiration

Today's post will sadly be without pictures, as I have managed to misplace my camera charger and cannot take any photographs.  Alas!  However I am so excited with the project I began today, I felt I at least had to share my inspiration with you. :D

The next few months are going to be pretty tight for us.  Davy is starting back to school, and I am not teaching quite as much as I used to.  So we get to be extra-thrifty.  Woo-hoo!  I was thinking the other day that I really needed to get back into journaling.  It is something that I used to do religiously, but since I've been married journaling has really taken the back burner, which is sad, as I have experienced so many new and exciting things that I wish I had written down.  

One reason why I have not journaled much lately is because the journal that I have is bulky and uncomfortable to write in.  I usually pick my own journals out with much care, selecting only the ones that are easy to write in and aesthetically pleasing.  The one I own now was a gift from someone, and while it is pretty cute, it is simply too cumbersome.  That said, if I want to get back into journaling, I need a new journal...an extravagance I can't quite afford this month. ;)

This prompted me to look into making a journal myself.  I had seen some neat ones made from old books, and found some great tutorials online on how to do so.  I combined this Craftzine Blog tutorial...


With this YouTube tutorial:



And the result has been amazing!  I cannot wait to take a bunch of pictures and show you. :D  Until then, perhaps you will be inspired to make an awesome upcycled journal for yourself!

Have a lovely day,
Bessie

No comments: