Monday, May 21, 2012

Something's Been Eating My Hollyhocks...

Sigh.  I suppose I need to buckle and get some sort of insecticide.  I can't have some dumb bug eating my hollyhocks!  These hollyhocks have been growing and developing for over a year to get to this point, and now that they are finally blooming the buds are being eaten through!  Not ok.


GRRR.


The blossom is mighty putty, though, isn't it?



In other news...



Doesn't this basil look scrumptious?  This is my first success growing basil from seed, and I am quite pleased. :)  Can't wait to make lots of fresh tomato basil bruschetta this summer. 

Speaking of tomatoes, did I mention that we found a lovely tomato plant growing out of the side of our compost?  It has a couple flower buds on it!





Last, but not least, let me show off my little hydrangea plants.  I planted these last spring, and they have grown a LOT in a year.  One of my blue hydrangeas has decided it wants to be periwinkle, which is cool with me.  Must be a slight difference in the soil where it is rooted.





I love hydrangeas.

How are your gardens growing?

~Bessie

1 comment:

A.J.A. said...

Your plants look lovely! And I love fresh Bruschetta on everything. We had some tomatoes come up where the chicken tractor had been last year! It was a nice surprise, and they did put out several 'maters!