Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My New Friend

Well folks, my wonderful husband bought me a new computer for my birthday, so I am back to blogging!  Yay!  I almost had a cow when my photos loaded quickly and without distortion onto blogger.  Hallelujah.

So back in the fall of '11 (I know, it's been such a long time), I picked up this little baby at a local thrift store.  Isn't she cute?





As you can see, she is missing the screw that holds the presser foot in place.  Other than that, she runs great.  Whoever owned this machine before took really good care of her.

This is one of those posts that I have been wanting to do for about 4 months.  Better late than never, right? 

In other news, the goats are getting closer to their due dates and I am getting a little bit nervous!  My mother bought me an awesome kidding kit from Hoegger goat supply for Christmas, so if I do have to reach in there and pull a baby out, I'll be ready.  At least materially, anyway...

See Irma's baby bump on the right? :)

One thing that I have really loved throughout this kidding experience has been this breeding/kidding spread sheet by Molly at Fias Co Farm.  If you have goats and breed them, you should check this out!  It is extremely helpful.  I am also about to purchase an herbal pregnancy tonic for the girls from Molly's Herbals.  Whoop!

I hope you all have had a lovely holiday!  I'll be posting soon about some cool vintage finds my husband and I stumbled across while thrifting last week (ever heard of Alfred Shaheen?), so check back soon!

Bessie

1 comment:

12 Divine Cupcakes said...

What a great sewing machine... I like the way it looks. The color is fantastic.