Monday, October 3, 2011

Knit A Dress A Day

So fast it's truly incredible
Make a dress in only 6 hours
A complete wardrobe in a week!

Knit-A-Dress-A-Day was published in 1968, and was meant to be used with the "revelutionary" new Jumbo Jet needles, which look to be about an inch in diameter, judging by the photo in the introduction.  It is quite a novel idea--who doesn't want a complete wardrobe of giant-knit mini dresses???  You could make one in every color!

Here are some of my favorite selections.  Enjoy!

 The Demure Miss


 Military


 Rich Boy Sweater 


 Miss Liberty


Short Sleeve Irish Fisherman


Triple Monique


 Metallic A-Line (I really just like her hair)


 Triple Treat


 Between Seasons


Sugar and Spice

What do you think?  Are you inspired? :)

<><><><><>

In other news, I harvested some sunflower seeds today for the first time!  


Aaannnndddd, I made some bread yesterday that turned out quite well, if I do say so myself.  

I do not have a mixer, so I kneaded the dough by hand.  This usually results in a denser loaf of bread, so I was pleasantly surprised when mine came out relatively light and with a pretty nice crumb!


You can tell that the crumb is a bit denser on the bottom than at the top.  Ah well, hopefully I can perfect this lovely art of hand-kneading.  I would really love to get better at it so that I can make delicious, healthy bread on a regular basis.  Plus, it'll probably buff-up my arms...

Well, that's all for now.  Sewing machine should be up and running soon, so keep an eye out for fall sewing projects!

God bless,
Bessie


No comments: