Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dividing Fence Progress (and this and that...)

Look what my wonderful husband built for me!!!



I called him last night on my way home and asked what he had been up to that afternoon.  "Nothing much." he said.  The little jokester.  What he had really been up to was putting together a beautiful gate for the new goat pen!  We had sketched out some plans together over the weekend, and the finished product looks even better than I imagined it would.


We are going to build our own gates from now on.  This gate cost about $25 to make, and it is super-sturdy.  I think I paid $75-$100 for the metal gate I bought last year.


Now the only thing we have left to do is put up the actual fencing wire!  We'll do that tomorrow, and on Friday we'll bring home the new girl!

<><><><><>
A couple other things of interest...

Isn't this a neat-o froggie?  I thought he was so cool!  Look at his light coloring.  He was sitting on the fence down by our garage this morning.





We also encountered a HUGE garden spider.  Unfortunately he was blocking our path, and we had to destroy his beautiful web.  Sorry, spider friend.



Well, I must get going!  Gotta go to work. :)  Have a great day!

~Bessie

No comments: