Friday, March 13, 2009

(Sp?)

Uh-oh, it's late again.  Tonight I am having spelling issues.  I was looking through my last post and the word sheer caught my attention.  I immediately thought, "Did I spell that right?"  and then, "Of course I did.  Well, wait...sheer...shear...sheer...which one is it?!"  Well, I am excited to inform you that mental clarity has come at last (thank you dictionary.com), and I can now say with confidence that the Robert Kaufman "Sofia" cotton lawn is, in fact, sheer heaven. 



 What about shear heaven, though?  What could you describe as shear heaven?  Hm.  Imagine a quilter walking into a store that sold scissors exclusively ("Wow, I'll take one of each!  This certainly is shear heaven!").  Or perhaps a sheep getting a hair cut in the summertime ("Yeah, man, this summer 'do is shear heaven.  That wool coat was killing me in this heat!  I must have lost 15 pounds in that sauna!").   Certainly a farmer would think it shear heaven harvesting his crops with a sharp new sickle.  Now that I think about it, I could actually call my Robert Kaufman "Sofia" cotton lawn shear heaven as well, as it was very light and easy to cut!

I could go on and on, but, as I mentioned before, it is late and I really must go to bed.  I don't think anyone reads this blog anyway, and I have an inkling that, if you have been reading it, you might not venture over any more after being subjected to such nonsense.  Sorry.  However, I will cling to the hope that my reader(s?) are also up way past their bedtime, and that my nonsense may appear at least a little sensical in light of the late hour.  :D  

Good night!
~Bess

No comments: