Monday, October 8, 2012

The BIG Yard Sale

My dearest husband and I went to a very massive yard sale this past weekend--one that stretched from Alabama all the way to Tennessee!  We definitely didn't cover that much ground, but in the little bit of distance we traveled through the north Georgia mountains we found tons of wonderful treasures and fantastic bargains. :)  Needless to say, it was quite an enjoyable adventure!  

Here are some pictures of our journey and a few of the things we found:

JUNK!


 The back of our car after two stops (it was already a bit full of junk, lol).

Lovely scenery! 


Some lace--a butt-ton of it for 25 cents! 


A good stash of stuff from one stop.  Power Rangers costume for my siblings, a paper parasol, really cute retro food chopper, some old hankies, some lovely vintage fabric, a Lady Remington razor that is in near perfect condition, and a couple Pokemon cups. :)  That was a good stop. 


Isn't this cool?? 



I looooove this.  Can't decide whether to keep it or put it up on Etsy.




Bought this lovely Le Baron watch at a flea market along the way.  It looks very 60's to me.  Works great, too! 


So pretty!  This was up near Tennessee. 


Goofball. 



Little Evvie was very active all day.  I think she had fun.





Our trunk by the end of the day: 


Yes.  It was marvelous. :)

Bessie

3 comments:

A.J.A. said...

Oh man! How did I miss that? Is this an annual thing? I would definitely drive to NWGA for a huge, multi state yard sale. I am just across the border into NC. Glad you found some good loot!

Bessie M. said...

Yes, it is an annual thing! It's called the 411 Yard Sale. They even have a Facebook page. :D I think it is the first weekend of October every year. You should totally go next time--it was amazing!

Tammy R said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day! That watch is gorgeous. :-O