Friday, July 29, 2011

What I've been working on...

July is almost over.  I can hardly believe it!  This has been a wonderful month for me.  It is amazing how inspiring rest can be.  I am practically overflowing with new ideas for garments, paintings, songs--you name it.  I need to take time off more often! ;)

So here's a little peak at what I have been working on sewing-wise lately:

1. Transformed Muumuu

This muumuu was picked up at a local thrift store.  There were several elements that I really liked about it--the cool zipper/zipper pull, the trimmed pockets, and of course the lovely fabric!  I thought it would be a great candidate for transformation...and it was.



The sleeves are still unfinished because I cannot decide exactly what I want to do with them.  I still have the original sleeves, but I am thinking I might just keep it cap-sleeved.  Except cap-sleeves do not look very good on me.  Ah well--we'll see what happens with that.  I'll post more pics when it's all finished!


2. Tucked and Tied Blouse

I have just started work on this blouse.  The fabric is a vintage silk print that I found at an antique shop in Alabama.  It has the most beautiful drape and feel, not to mention a charming print!  I have drafted the pattern using a vintage design as my inspiration (Simplicity 3401, version 1).  I made the tucks a little smaller on the blouse front--more like pin tucks (about 1/4" wide), and have lengthened it a bit.  It will have a side zip.  I am very excited about this one, and will post more pics of the process as I have them.

So that's what I've been working on. :)

Have a fantastic day!

Bessie

1 comment:

Hazàel M. said...

I want to see the muumuu on you now that you've altered it. I bet it's adorable! ^^

I can't wait to see the finished product of the blouse. :)

Good luck!