Thursday, November 4, 2010

Music music music!

Davis and I are going to see the amazing Sufjan Stevens this weekend.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.



Hooray for good music, right? :)

Speaking of music, Davis and I are also getting ready to go record our first album of songs next weekend at Iron Wing Recording Studios.  The studio is owned by some good friends of ours, and we are super excited to visit and record with them.  We are hoping to have CDs available sometime in the spring.  Yay!  Another exciting aspect of our recording project is that we will be donating 100% of our profit from CD sales to a local organization called Calvary Children's Home.  As neither one of us is looking to make money from our music, one of our main goals is to use our musical gifts to bless others--both aesthetically and monetarily.  Davis and I are both very fond of children and children's ministry; Calvary Children's Home seemed like a perfect fit. :)

So I think that about sums it up for now!  I have vowed to finish Jennifer's dress THIS WEEKEND.  Poor Jenny--she is so patient and wonderful with her disorganized big sister!  I'll post pics as soon as it is finished.

Have a fantastic day!

~Bessie

 

No comments: