Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Wedding: DIY Button Votive Holders



Hello folks!  I almost just apologized for not posting in awhile, but you know what?  I think I have a legitimate excuse.  Ahem...

(I'm working on not apologizing too much.  That is something I am bad about.)

Anyway!

Back two years ago I had big plans to share with you all the great ideas we had for our very DIY, homespun, cozy little wedding.  Well, things got busy and that just never happened.  I was going through some photos today and thought, hey, why not post about this stuff now?  And thus I write this blog post about the really adorable votive holders we made for our reception tables!



It is so simple and inexpensive, and I just love the way they turned out!

Supplies:

-Glass jars (you can use uniform mason jars, or do what I did and find a bunch of mis-matched jars for a more eclectic look)
-Old buttons ( found mine at an estate sale for next to nothing, but you can also find them on Etsy, like this!)
-Votive candles

I don't think I need to explain to you how to put them together. ;)



Add some beautiful hydrangeas and white roses in glass mason jars tied with strips of muslin, white paper tablecloths, and burlap table runners and voila!  A lovely, rustic, cozy, homespun feel for your wedding reception. :)




Ah, memories!  I just loved that day.  Everything about it was precious and beautiful.

I hope you are all having a lovely week!  

~Bessie







No comments: