Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Goats and Tozer




The goaties. Jerry is a wiggle-worm, so I wasn't able to get many good pictures of him. But Dino stood very still, and even gave me a few regal poses!

The goats are doing great, and filling out nicely. Jerry's coat is coming in very pretty, and I am beginning to notice some lighter splotches standing out on his face and head that are very interesting. Dean is just a beautiful goat. The breeder suggested that I neuter at least one of them at about 3 months, and I am having a really hard time deciding which one. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :p

<><><><><><><><><><><>

So on to Tozer! I am going through his book "The Pursuit of God" again. Wow. Listen to this prayer at the end of chapter one:

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both
satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am
painfully conscious of my need to further grace.
I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune
God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with
longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still.
Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may
know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work
of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my
love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me
grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty
lowland where I have wandered so long.
In Jesus' name.
Amen.

This is exactly where I am right now. Though I love God and never have doubted His character or His constancy, I have not pursued Him lately as I used to when I was younger. The result is a lack of desire in myself, and a feeling of distance from God (which is, of course, self-imposed).

So many times in my life I have slackened in my pursuit of God, and so many times I have come crawling back to His grace after my fleshly pursuits have failed me. Each and every time, the Lord has embraced me with open arms. His mercy and patience are unfathomable, as are my infinite inconstancy and forgetfulness. I wonder if I will ever learn to abide in Christ? I want to!

I am going to pray Tozer's prayer (or my version of it) every day, and not even move forward in the book until my heart is, once again, fanned into flame for my Savior. I know from experience that He will meet me in my pursuit.

Begin in mercy a new work
of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my
love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me
grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty
lowland where I have wandered so long.

Amen!

<><><><><><><><><>

Alright, enough pondering for one morning. :) I must off and read about the prophetic literature of the Old Testament. Woo-hoo!

Oh, and by-the-by, I am going to start sewing again. I promise. My next project is a pair of shorts from a really cute 50's pattern. The pattern is one size too small, which will give me an opportunity to make a shorts muslin and learn how to fit things better on the bottom half of the body! :D

Have a fantastic day,

Bessie



No comments: